The Certificate in Shipping Law and Practice is purpose built for the needs of the maritime industry. It provides comprehensive and practical insights into maritime law and its underpinning commercial, safety and environmental principles, including an overview into the “wet” side of maritime law.
Course participants will be given an overall understanding of the general principles of shipping law by prominent legal experts and experienced professionals with hands-on knowledge in areas like collision, salvage, towage, pollution, ship sale, ship-building and ship arrest among others. The programme will also impart valuable information to the most significant legal issues that affect
the maritime industry.
Comprehensive and updated materials, case studies and Q&A sessions will give participants an opportunity to engage with the facilitators to explore this dynamic area of law and put them at the forefront of developments in the maritime
• Fundamentals of time & Voyage Charter Parties
• Introduction to Marine Hull and Cargo Insurance & P&I Clubs
• Ship Sale and Financing
• Shipbuilding Agreements – protecting ship owner & ship builder’s interest
• Admiralty Law & Practice
• Carriage of Goods by Sea; BOL & other shipping documents
• Collisions , General Average and Salvage
• Dispute Resolution: Mediation, Arbitration and Litigation
Special Rates Apply for BAC Students & Alumni